Our biggest problem in History Fair research is currently citations. We’re pulling some information, but not formatting it the right way. I made this video to demonstrate a few things for students. We’ll watch it Tuesday!
Mainly, here is an abbreviated list of tips to follow:
- Do NOT use the Easy Bib add-on. Log into and use the full site.
- Evaluate the source you’re using for all the info you’ll need.
- Use this cheat-cheat from Mrs. Defors to guide you.
- Limit your N.a, N.b, and N.d type inclusions. One here or there are okay, but certainly not multiple in the same citations.
- Line up your citations as I instructed in the video.
- Alphabetical order.
- Divide by primary and secondary sources.
- Expand your annotations. Add some detail to describe that source!
- Here’s a good – but not perfect – model to use.