You’ve GOT to see this vid of Ray Allen. It’s 90 seconds, but in that time Ray reiterates some of the most simple truisms of shooting:
- He gets in the gym and DOES WORK, no messing around. All GAME SHOTS.
- Works on his release, his wrist flick.
- Shoots with his feet/jumps.
- Is his own “shot doctor.” Reads his misses and fixes errors.
- Long misses means he’s aiming.
- Short misses mean he’s not jumping enough.
- Catch the ball ready to shoot.
- Catch the ball seeing the basket.
He’s one of the best shooters in NBA history. If you want to be able to shoot, you’ve got to listen to him. Here’s a real simple reminder why, in case you didn’t watch the Celtics/Knicks playoff game today:
And a great photo that John found a couple months ago.