As we close our mini-unit on how we learn, the students are writing a letter about some of their thoughts. This “Letter to Mr. Little” is simply their opportunity to write about what they learned. It’s a “free-write,” meaning below are the prompts and they may write about anything they’d like in regards to the topic of that paragraph.
Paragraph 1 (How We Learn):
- After doing all of this, do you have any new methods to study and become a better student?
- Has this been interesting?
- What did you discover/learn about yourself?
- Most importantly, what are you going to CHANGE about yourself (in regards to academic performance)?!
- How will this info help you in school?
Paragraph 2 (American History):
- What do you like/dislike about American History?
- Who is your favorite American historical figure?
- What time period would you most like to travel to (BEFORE you were born!)?
Paragraph 3 (You!):
- What’s going on with YOU? Any big plans this holiday season?
- What are you most thankful for?
- What are you looking forward to in the next month or so?
- Do you have a New Year’s Resolution?